Wednesday, July 30, 2008

While shopping Raylin found a mermaid doll that she had to have, literally she thought she HAD TO HAVE this doll. I have been looking for her a doll that can go in water with lots of hair because as most of you know she is fascinated with hair (and water). I just didn't want to buy a Barbie with all of the body image issues young girls are facing today and I just couldn't see getting my one year old a Barbie. Of course, Brigg did not understand and some of you may not either. Brigg said "Why can't she have Barbie? Barbie's hot and this doll's a chunk." I can't imagine the body image issues Raylin will face when she hears her father say these things. :) Anyway, we now have a "healthy" doll with lots of hair and Raylin LOVES her.

Here we just bought the doll and Raylin would not let go of her.



I took the doll away to take a picture and this is the reaction I get. She was absolutely hysterical and I don't mean in a funny way!



She has the doll back and there is peace once again.




I'm not sure I will ever get another picture without the "healthy" doll in it also!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Green's said...

I definately think the chunky mermaid is much more appropriate than Barbie. She has so much hair you can't even tell she is chunky.

The Rumage's said...

Just tell him it's b/c Barbie has boobies and a 10 inch waist and one day Raylin is going to want to be just like "hot" Barbie...bet that'll change his mind!

Chip has already sworn off bikini's and anything that comes above the knee for Baileigh...that is going to be a fun battle!

Renee Guest said...

WElcome to the family little mermaid!

The Segrest Family said...

this post made me laugh out loud. i can just hear you and brigg having this conversation...