I am still in shock that my baby girl is three years old. She is growing up way too fast! She is such a blessing to Brigg and I and we are so thankful that God chose us to be her parents. She adds so much to our lives: more fun, more laughter, more smiles and I could go on and on. Her second year of life has been filled with lots of ups and downs, but mostly ups. This past year she was diagnosed with a chromosome 16p duplication, which is a rare chromosome disorder. There is no prognosis, but we will never give up on what she will accomplish. We have been so blessed with caring family and friends and also the best therapists ever. Mary Lou Sorrey (speech) and Keisha Ray (Sensory) are an answer to many prayers. Raylin is doing so well. She is beginning to say lots of new words and her sensory issues are improving daily. She can say Mama, Aba (daddy), ball, purple, baba (Barney), pumpkin, bye bye, and I'm sure lots more that I am just not thinking of right now.
We have introduced a new disciplinary tool into Raylin's life this year and it is working wonders. She is not too fond of Miss Sad Spoon, but one day, a long time from now I'm sure, she will be thankful that we used Miss Sad Spoon. She is using lots of signs now for everything and I can communicate with her pretty well. She definitely knows how to get her point across to me!
We had our first IEP meeting (Individual Education Plan). Now that she is three, she can't continue to receive therapy through First Steps and we have to go through the school system. The meeting went well and Raylin will continue to receive therapy two times a week through the school and I will take her twice a week to private speech and once a week to sensory therapy.
I also want to share a little bit about our three year old's likes and dislikes. First of all, I believe her favorite person these days is Barney. She loves anything Barney especially Barney DVD's. She is also still into anything with hair, like dolls or My Little Ponies. She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and we have a blast watching her do the "Hotdog Dance." She still has her hot pink blanky and must sleep with it everynight and every nap. She still LOVES to sleep which is so great! She will go get her blanky most nights when she is ready for bed. She always wants to go somewhere. She loves to go! She is still at Mother's Day Out two days a week and has the best teachers, Mrs. Nickie and Mrs. Kelly. She still loves books! We read so many books everyday. Chopper and Raylin are still the best of friends, even though she pulls his ears and tail. Raylin is definitely a Mommy's girl, which I love, but has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. She loves Disney princesses and likes to sleep in her princess nightgown. She twirls around and around in it. Bathtime is her favorite time of the day. She LOVES water just like she has from Day one! She drinks milk two or three times a day and still likes me to give it to her which I love! She will eat most anything. She eats all the time, but still stays so skinny which is probably because she is constantly busy and curious about everything. She never sits still so she keeps me on my toes! She has definitely earned her nickname, Monkey!
To Raylin, my favorite three year old, I love you best. I love you most. I love you high. I love you low. I love you deep. I love you wide. I love you this much! Sweet angel, Mommy loves you right up to the moon and back! Thank you for being my amazing daughter. Thank you for gracing me with your beautiful smile everyday, your spunky and persistent personality, and your contagious laughter. I will always be so very thankful that God chose me to be your mommy. I love you all the way to the moon and back!!! Happy 3rd Birthday little Monkey!!! Daddy and I are so proud of you!!!
Love, Mommy


5 comments:
Happy Birthday from Pooh's Corner!
Happy Birthday to sweet Raylin! I can hardly believe she is 3 years old! Hope she had lots of fun celebrating her special day. She is such a little blessing!
Happy Birthday to Raylin!! Hope the party was great!!
Happy Birthday to Raylin!! Such a sweet little Angel!
Hope Raylin had a wonderful birthday! She definitely has been blessed with wonderful parents! Can't wait to see you all again soon!
Post a Comment