Thursday, Raylin had her one year checkup. Dr. Joe said she looked perfect! Then he asked if I had any concerns and of course I did. I expressed my concern that she is only babbling vowels, no consonant sounds yet. He kind of laughed and asked me if I was wanting her to be bilingual at one. I said, "No, I just want her to say Mama!" :) He told me to quit worrying and said I would be telling her to sit down and hush in a few months and said "SHE IS PERFECT, CHRISTIE"! She is not quite to the 20 pound mark yet. I even followed Andrea's advice and left her in a WET, WET diaper so that she would weigh more. Then I told on myself. Dr. Joe just laughed and asked Brigg where did he find me. Sweet, I know! Well Raylin weighs 19 pounds, 7 ounces and is in the 25th percentile for her weight and is 30 inches tall and in the 75th percentile for her height. Just a little change from her 9 month checkup when she was in the 50th percentile for weight and over the 90th percentile for height. She is now crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. She is starting to cruise, mostly just around her leapfrog table, but a little bit on the coffee table. Every day she does something new and we are having so much fun! Bathtime is her favorite time. She laughs nonstop while she is in the bathtub. She is babbling VOWELS all the time so there is hardly ever a quiet moment in our house unless Raylin is sleeping. We are loving every minute of it. I am so thankful for my precious daughter and wonderful husband. This has been an amazing year.

At the doctor's office before her FOUR shots

At the doctor's office before her FOUR shots

With Santa at Winner's Circle Park Thursday night (Notice Santa is holding her hand - That is because she kept pulling on and trying to eat his REAL beard!)

With a white bear at Winner's Circle - She loved this bear more than Santa. She was cracking up while he was holding her!



1 comment:
she is so stinkin cute. i love that JOY outfit!!! and how did we miss this winner's circle park situation?! i heard nothing of it! it looks fun! next year...
Post a Comment