Sunday, January 18, 2009

She just couldn't wait!

I know it has been a while since I have updated the blog. I really haven't taken a lot of pictures lately - GASP! I have been busy working on Raylin's blog book for 2008. But I did take this picture last week when Raylin decided to get in the bathtub with all of her clothes on. I was running her water and trying to find her towel and bathcloth. When I turned around, she had climbed into the bathtub without taking her clothes off. She just couldn't wait on me to finish what I was doing. I was so glad I had already taken her shoes off. This baby girl loves water!
We have had a busy few weeks with work and therapy so hopefully I am getting back into the swing of things and will do better about updating the blog. I have been in New Orleans for work last week and thanks to Julz, Nickie and Daddy for all their help while I was gone. At the beginning of the week, Gran and Creed came to stay with us and keep Raylin. We had lots of fun. We went to CiCi's Pizza with Aunt Julie, Uncle John, Eli and Elle Elise.
Raylin is still not saying anything but mama and ba ba, but she is trying to say more. When you ask her what the cow says, she will say Moo! Her receptive language has improved so much within the last six months. I think she understands most of what we say. I can't wait for her to decide to tell us what she is thinking. She is so fun these days and into everything. She loves books, baby dolls and anything to chew on. She has therapy four times a week so we stay quite busy with occupational therapy, speech therapy and physical therapy. I know she will do everything on God's time, not ours.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Keri said...

I can't believe it has been so long since you last post...I was beginning to worry about you! Hope you had a fun time in New Orleans last week. Love the picture of Raylin the bathtub! Talk to you soon!!

The Rumage's said...

This post is just too funny! Geez...now you are gonna have to tell me exactly what a "blog book" is!

Glad Raylin is improving with everything...she's definitely a little princess - and as you said, she'll do things when she gets good and ready!

pleasepassthetestosterone said...

Look at that water baby! She is one girl who does love the water....do you think we have an Olympic swimmer in our future?

Raylin is perfect and always proves that she is completely capable of doing things, but in her time. God has given her such WONDERFUL parents who are doing everything to help her meet those milestones. I do not worry about that sweet girl one bit. God has His hand on her and I know He has incredible plans for Raylin!

Miss you girl! Any plans on heading to Birmingham in the next few months? If not, I think I am going to plan a weekend to head to Mississippi. Let me know what the next few months look like for you.

4mckenzies said...

How cute! Sometimes it's all I can do to keep Baker out of the tub with his clothes on! Now he likes to make sure Sidney is in the bath with him.
I, too, am sure God has His hand on Raylin. And in his time she will show us all what she can do! And that will make it all the sweeter when she does!
Baker talks about Raylin a lot these days. He misses seeing her. Every house we pass some days is Raylin's house. We really do need to get together soon.

The O'Donnells said...

ok that's precious...i could just squeezer her...i understand i LOVE a good bath too :)

The Howards said...

Look at that little booger-jumping in with her clothes on!! She's not scared!

Just call me D said...

little water baby! love it. so glad to see some pics too- gotta keep up with the abercrombie fam!
can't wait to hear about all the new words and new things that little cutie is going to be coming up with in the next few months!

Renee Guest said...

awwwh.. that is so cute! Just get on in there Ray Ray. Your momma is just way too slow!